Hair Care Tips
When styling your hair
Prior, to installing the hair it is recommended to seal the weft also known as the track of the hair with a weft sealer such as NO Fray and allow it to dry to prevent shedding.
Remind your stylist is the best not to cut the weft when installing and to also to use a looping sewing technique instead of penetrating the weft.
Do not overuse products on the hair. Too much product will create a build up on the hair and will cause the hair to become weighed down. If hair becomes weighed then condition and shampoo with sulfate-free products. Make sure hair is properly de-tangled before washing.
The hair can be colored, ombre or permed. We recommend anti-frizz serum be used after the hair is colored and washed.We suggest you color your hair BEFORE you install it if you’re not comfortable with bleaching.
Virgin hair can be brushed, blow-dried, curled and styled in any way you like but use a heat protectant prior to heat styling.
For curly hair, be sure to brush the hair gently always from the bottom to the top daily and apply a leave-in conditioner as well as a curl activator to the hair so it is soft and moist and does not frizz. We recommend leave in conditioner and daily use of serums. If you do not apply a leave in curl conditioner or serum the hair will start to frizz and become dry.
When washing your hair
- Completely comb through and detangle before washing. Make sure hairs are being washed in ONE DIRECTION (from scalp to ends) or straight down to avoid tangling.
- Always use a moisturizing non-sulfate shampoo and conditioner.
- When conditioner is on the hair , leave it on for approximately five minutes, and then comb through the hair starting from the ends. Rinse thoroughly
- Squeeze out excess water and let the hair air dry but do not go to bed with WET hair. Hair can be blow dried but excessive heat is not recommended.
After exercising or swimming
- Wash the hair immediately after swimming , spa, and excessive exercise. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair will become tangled and weighed.
- Make sure to brush the hair daily with a pronged or wig brush and always starts from the ends and work your way up.
Shampoos and conditioners
- Hawaiian Silky Argan Oil Hydrating Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner
- Tresemme Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Garnier Fructis Hydra Charge or Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner
Serums and Anti-Frizz Products
- Garnier Fructis new formula serum with Argan Oil
- One n’ Only Argan Oil
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Spray
- Allure Stop Fraying from (available at walmart, walgreens any craft store)
- No Fray ( Walmart)